VISIT AND LIKE OUR PAGE ON FACEBOOK
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR TWEETS ON TWITTER
SUBSCRIBE TO THE JOOMFREAK RSS FEED
VISIT OUR CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Account Details

Change your name, email, password or permanently delete your account. Change settings

We offer several ways you can get support from our experts: Support ForumKnowledgebaseNewsletter

Your Forum Posts

No posts to display.

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Joomla 3.0.0 to 3.3.6 update problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Joomla 3.0.0 to 3.3.6 update problem

Joomla 3.0.0 to 3.3.6 update problem 09 Dec 2014 18:22 #5960

I downloaded and installed JF WELL BENESSERE template, but before using it I was trying to update Joomla 3.0.0 to the latest version 3.3.6. but it does not work. The installation was ok and the template with all quickstart items shows.
We tried to update first to 3.2.7 as well as directly to 3.3.6 through installer and through FTP but it doesn't work. We get the message (when entering to Joomla Administration main page):

An error has occurred.
1146 Table '...ourtable..._postinstall_messages' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `r2gfn_postinstall_messages`

Do you have any ideas why it won't work?
We installed everything through QuickStart installation.

Thank you so much in advance!

• Ma2rina
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Joomla 3.0.0 to 3.3.6 update problem 22 Dec 2014 03:55 #6012

Try to go to Extensions->Extension Manager. Click on Database and click on Fix at the top.

joomfreak

• isupport

Re: Joomla 3.0.0 to 3.3.6 update problem 22 Dec 2014 09:53 #6015

Thanks for the reply, but when I click on the Database, it goes back to the error - I'm sending a screenshot now.
So, I can click on Extension Manager, but not on the Database.
Screenshot: www.dropbox.com/s/xv0mn4nkith7svg/Error%20%201146%20.png?dl=0

• Ma2rina
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Joomla 3.0.0 to 3.3.6 update problem 23 Dec 2014 04:03 #6018

1- Import sql (attachment)
2- Update to Joomla! 3.3.6
3- Go to Extensions->Extension Manager. Click on Database and click on Fix at the top.

Now you have the latest Joomla! version, 3.3.6.

Thank you!

joomfreak
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

• isupport

Re: Joomla 3.0.0 to 3.3.6 update problem 23 Dec 2014 13:57 #6022

Hi and thanks for all the effort once again, but the problem is still there, now with different error.
We did as you instructed, and also in 3 ways:

1. we followed the steps you wrote as continuation to our previous (unsucessfull) update where we overwrote the update to 3.3.6. after sql import once again.

2. we uninstalled everything, and started from the start and then followed your instruction (meaning updating to 3.3.6 only after the sql import) using Joomla stable update package

3. following the steps and updating to 3.3.6. with the full package Installation (not just update package)

The Database Fix worked every time.
At the end of every above mentioned situation we got this error on admin Home Page (screenshot):
www.dropbox.com/s/xxpbo9zpdtiuj5e/Error%201054%20.png?dl=0

Thanks in advance.

• Ma2rina
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Joomla 3.0.0 to 3.3.6 update problem 24 Dec 2014 02:50 #6027

Can you please send me the Super Admin login to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ?
I will check it as soon as I get the information from you.

Thank you.

joomfreak

• isupport
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.91 seconds
Saturday 20 April 2024

joomfreak is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.