Welcome to our forum! Our goal is to have a friendly place where everyone shares ideas and information without the level of bickering and angst that other forums tend to create. To that end, we have a set of rules that we would like to follow and be aware:
1. We don’t control what members posts. Furthermore, please understand that we cannot and will not read every post on the forum. As such, nothing should be viewed as opinions of the forum owners.
2. Cordial participation is a key requisite of being a member in our forum. If in our opinion you are violating this rule, administrative action may be taken which may include termination of your membership and deletion of your posts with or without notice.
3. Please do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, racist, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law. We reserve the right to delete any message that in our sole opinion falls in these categories and serve up administrative action to any member because of them.
4. Our forum is home to a number developers who take the time to contribute their deep expertise for the benefit of the forum members. Please keep in mind that there is no compensation for these experts. Therefore we ask that you show utmost respect toward them and their writings so that they continue to participate here and share their knowledge with us. Disagreement is certainly allowed but not disparagement of the individual or hostile personal attacks. Treat them as you would treat a professor at college and you will be fine.
5. Please do not attempt to moderate the forum on your own. If you see objectionable posts, please report them. We will deal with them. Above all, focus on the topic being discussed, rather than the person discussing it.
6. Use of proxy servers to hide your identity in is frowned upon and will subject you to disciplinary action including termination of your membership. If you like to be hidden from the forum, you can remain a visitor.
7. The forum administrators rule with a gentle hand. But should the occasion arise where we must take immediate and strong action, we will do so. In that case, our decisions are not subject to debate.
8. Where possible, please avoid generalizations which create heated arguments. Please don’t say “
9. Members should avoid posting copyrighted material and or anything of illegal nature of any sort include methods for circumvention of copy protected material. Violations will be dealt with swiftly and strongly. When referring to external sites, please provide a link so that people can go and read the material on that site if they so choose.
10. Signatures should not be longer than 4 lines and preferably shorter. They can link to your place of business but with no advertising of any type.
11. Avatars are allowed but must be “kid” and “work” safe.
12. You are only allowed a single account. If we discover duplicate accounts we will terminate both of your memberships and take other administrative action.
13. We do not allow members to advertise products or services of their own. Soft mention by our moderators and developers may be allowed as long as they pass our judgment for appropriateness and are in support of specific technical argument.
14. We reserve the right to reveal your identity or whatever information we know about you in the event of a legal action arising from any message posted by you.
15. While we rule with a gentle hand in managing the forum, we reserve the right to terminate membership of anyone that we believe in our sole opinion to be disruptive to the well being of the community.
16. All material posted becomes the property of the joomfreak.com forum. All postings and material contained in this site are copyrighted and may NOT be republished or reposted without express written consent of forum administrators.
17. joomfreak name and logo are trademarks of the forum owners and are not to be reproduced in any manner without explicit approval from us.