I am trying to install JF Well Benessere for Joomla 3.
- I have already installed Joomla 3 through my host.
- I downloaded the template (jf_well-benessere-30) to my computer
- I downloaded the modules (jf_well-benessere-module-30) to my computer
- I downloaded the quickstart ZIP file (jf_well-benessere-quickstart-30.zip) to my computer
- I downloaded Akeeba Kickstart 3.7.0 to my computer from www.akeebabackup.com/download/akeeba-kic...kickstart-3-7-0.html)
- I uploaded to my server the quickstart ZIP file and the Kickstart files (jquery.min.js, json2.min.js, kickstart.php, and the English en-GB.kickstart.ini)
- In the browser, I typed yoursite.com/kickstart.php (where yoursite=my site's URL). I got the kickstart screen and saw my archive file there (jf_well-benessere-quickstart-30.zip), but when I clicked on Start to extract it, I got an error message that said "AN ERROR OCCURED. The archive file is corrupt, truncated or archive parts are missing".
What is wrong??? How can I install this nice template? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
As a follow up, I want to say that the manual on JF's website says that it is for Joomla versions 1.5 and 2.5, but I have downloaded and am working with Joomla 3 and Well Benessere for Joomla 3. I don't know if the instructions I'm following in the manual are not good for Joomla 3... If so, could you provided the updated instructions? Thanks!
Hi, the procedure is the same.
Why are you downloading the kickstart? Why are you downloading all modules separately?
1) You use the template and modules on an existing joomla installation
2) You use the quickstart to build from scratch. no need of a existing joomla installation cause quickstart is already a full joomla installation.
You have to unzip quickstart local or remotely on your server, than you call the url where you placed all the files from browser and follow the installation instructions.
Re: Installation with Akeeba Kickstart failed :(
08 Aug 2013 17:28 #2703
Oh, I didn't realize it was either/or. So since I had already installed Joomla 3, I decided not to use Quickstart. I just uploaded the template to the "templates" directory and the 4 modules to the "modules" directory, then discovered them and installed them.
HOWEVER, there is still a problem with the layout and I don't get any of the content or images. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but here is at least part of the problem: when I view the source of the homepage, I see that some links pull from the jf_well-benessere-30 directory (which is what was downloaded and uploaded/installed), but some pull from a jf_well-benessere directory (i.e. without the -30 in the end; which doesn't exist). Is there an error in the code? Is there anything else that makes the site not show up?
joomfreak is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.