VISIT AND LIKE OUR PAGE ON FACEBOOK
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR TWEETS ON TWITTER
SUBSCRIBE TO THE JOOMFREAK RSS FEED
VISIT OUR CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Account Details

Change your name, email, password or permanently delete your account. Change settings

We offer several ways you can get support from our experts: Support ForumKnowledgebaseNewsletter

Your Forum Posts

No posts to display.

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2 or 3 columns without K2 component
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component

2 or 3 columns without K2 component 27 Dec 2014 15:44 #6038

Hi, I need to develop my site without K2 component, in this case is there a way to have 2, 3 or more columns layout?
Thank you!
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2015 11:23 by gnutello.

• gnutello
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 29 Dec 2014 03:39 #6040

Hi,
You can use Joomla default components content. Menu item with type is Category Blog:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

in templates/jf_taman/css/template.css, insert

.items-row.cols-2, .items-row.cols-3, .items-row.cols-4 {
margin: 0 -10px;
}

.items-row.cols-2 .item, .items-row.cols-3 .item, .items-row.cols-4 .item {
margin: 10px;
}

.cols-2 .span6 {
float: left;
width: 50%;
}

.cols-3 .span4 {
width: 33.33%;
}

.cols-4 .span3 {
width: 25%;
}

Thank you for using our template.

joomfreak
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2014 03:41 by isupport.

• isupport

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 29 Dec 2014 18:27 #6045

Thank you
your css code works but I notice a couple of issues:
1 - In the desktop layout I need multiple columns but just one in the portable layout. At the moment are showed multiple columns also in the portable layout.
2 - to have a certain numbers of columns I have to set one more, eg. if I need 2 columns I have to set 3, if I need 3 columns I have to set 4 etc.
Please, could you help me expecialy on the first issue? The site is www.valutazionescultureantiche.it/

Many thanks.
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2014 18:54 by gnutello.

• gnutello
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 30 Dec 2014 02:39 #6046

1- templates/jf_taman/css/template.css, find @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) and insert:

.cols-2 .span6, .cols-3 .span4, .cols-4 .span3 {
float: none;
width: 100%;
}

2- "to have a certain numbers of columns I have to set one more" -> No. if I need 2 columns I have to set 2, if I need 3 columns I have to set 3 etc. You need to insert css in templates/jf_taman/css/template.css:

.items-row:after, .items-row:before {
content: "";
display: table;
}

.items-row:before {
clear: both;
}

Or you can send me the FTP access, Super Admin login to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , I will check for you.

joomfreak

• isupport

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 03 Jan 2015 17:28 #6062

Ok, now the issue n. 1 is fixed with your css code, I added that code also at line: @media only screen and (max-width: 480px so that ) so that I have just one column in the smartphone layout too.

About the issue n. 2 I tried to insert your code and somethig changed but it seems not working well. I don't know, may be I did something wrog (may be because I have set the layout in "Featured Articles" mode and not in a "Category Blog"?
At the moment I removed that code and I have set the layout to 4 columns but in homepage are showed only 3 . (3 columns is just what I need, for me it's not a problem but this issue will be an annoyance when the site will be edited by others).

Please thake a check at the site www.valutazionescultureantiche.it/, I started a new super admin account for you (please check you email).

Thank you in advance.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2015 11:30 by gnutello.

• gnutello
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 05 Jan 2015 03:05 #6064

Hi,
Please check the site. I edited issue 2.

joomfreak

• isupport
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.03 seconds
Friday 26 April 2024

joomfreak is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.