VISIT AND LIKE OUR PAGE ON FACEBOOK
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR TWEETS ON TWITTER
SUBSCRIBE TO THE JOOMFREAK RSS FEED
CHECK OUT OUR PAGE ON GOOGLE +
VISIT OUR CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Account Details

Change your name, email, password or permanently delete your account. Change settings

We offer several ways you can get support from our experts: Support ForumKnowledgebaseNewsletter

Your Forum Posts

No posts to display.

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2 or 3 columns without K2 component
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component

2 or 3 columns without K2 component 27 Dec 2014 15:44 #6038

Hi, I need to develop my site without K2 component, in this case is there a way to have 2, 3 or more columns layout?
Thank you!
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2015 11:23 by gnutello.

• gnutello
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 29 Dec 2014 03:39 #6040

Hi,
You can use Joomla default components content. Menu item with type is Category Blog:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

in templates/jf_taman/css/template.css, insert

.items-row.cols-2, .items-row.cols-3, .items-row.cols-4 {
margin: 0 -10px;
}

.items-row.cols-2 .item, .items-row.cols-3 .item, .items-row.cols-4 .item {
margin: 10px;
}

.cols-2 .span6 {
float: left;
width: 50%;
}

.cols-3 .span4 {
width: 33.33%;
}

.cols-4 .span3 {
width: 25%;
}

Thank you for using our template.

joomfreak
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2014 03:41 by isupport.

• isupport

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 29 Dec 2014 18:27 #6045

Thank you
your css code works but I notice a couple of issues:
1 - In the desktop layout I need multiple columns but just one in the portable layout. At the moment are showed multiple columns also in the portable layout.
2 - to have a certain numbers of columns I have to set one more, eg. if I need 2 columns I have to set 3, if I need 3 columns I have to set 4 etc.
Please, could you help me expecialy on the first issue? The site is www.valutazionescultureantiche.it/

Many thanks.
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2014 18:54 by gnutello.

• gnutello
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 30 Dec 2014 02:39 #6046

1- templates/jf_taman/css/template.css, find @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) and insert:

.cols-2 .span6, .cols-3 .span4, .cols-4 .span3 {
float: none;
width: 100%;
}

2- "to have a certain numbers of columns I have to set one more" -> No. if I need 2 columns I have to set 2, if I need 3 columns I have to set 3 etc. You need to insert css in templates/jf_taman/css/template.css:

.items-row:after, .items-row:before {
content: "";
display: table;
}

.items-row:before {
clear: both;
}

Or you can send me the FTP access, Super Admin login to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , I will check for you.

joomfreak

• isupport

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 03 Jan 2015 17:28 #6062

Ok, now the issue n. 1 is fixed with your css code, I added that code also at line: @media only screen and (max-width: 480px so that ) so that I have just one column in the smartphone layout too.

About the issue n. 2 I tried to insert your code and somethig changed but it seems not working well. I don't know, may be I did something wrog (may be because I have set the layout in "Featured Articles" mode and not in a "Category Blog"?
At the moment I removed that code and I have set the layout to 4 columns but in homepage are showed only 3 . (3 columns is just what I need, for me it's not a problem but this issue will be an annoyance when the site will be edited by others).

Please thake a check at the site www.valutazionescultureantiche.it/, I started a new super admin account for you (please check you email).

Thank you in advance.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2015 11:30 by gnutello.

• gnutello
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: 2 or 3 columns without K2 component 05 Jan 2015 03:05 #6064

Hi,
Please check the site. I edited issue 2.

joomfreak

• isupport
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds

joomfreak is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.